Ahhh…hot chocolate. Nothing is quite better on those cold, winter days around the holidays. Don’t be shy when it comes to adding your favorite libations to a cup of creamy hot chocolate. Try the new Godiva Chocolate vodka, a shot of Bailey’s Irish Cream, crème de menthe, Frangelica or a shot of butterscotch schnapps. Make your own flavored marshmallows for an added treat. Try this recipe for homemade marshmallows.
There are so many options when it comes to creating a unique cup of hot cocoa. This recipe from epicurious.com is particularly delightful!
- 6 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 15 whole cardamom pods, crushed
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 2 whole star anise*
- 3/4 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Brown star-shaped seedpods sold at Asian markets and some supermarkets.
For more Holiday drink recipes click here.