This may seem like common sense, but here’s a word of advice to brides and grooms-to-be regarding alcohol consumption on your special day. From our standpoint, we want you to enjoy your day with those you love. By all means, have a few drinks and be merry, but be conscious about how much you have to drink. Just think about the months of planning, and the time, energy, and money devoted to this one special day that revolves around you. Don’t let all of that go to waste. Here are even more reasons why NOT to get smashed on your wedding day.
- You may not even be able to remember your own event!
- Pictures and videos speak a thousand words. Don’t embarrass yourself.
- Your perception of your vendors, food, service, and overall event success could become skewed. Enjoy the cuisine, party, and service you paid for with a clear mind.
- Being sick or hung-over the night of or the day after your wedding will effect any brunch or travel plans you may have.
- You’ll want to look back from that day two weeks, 6 months, 10 years from then and have fond memories of that special time.
In short, put a cork in it- literally. Have a few drinks, but also remember to drink plenty of water and have something to eat while you can.