This past weekend concluded yet another successful array of events starting with two days of “Sweet Beginnings” at the Strand Capitol in celebration of another wonderful season to a local 50th Wedding Anniversary Party. The weekend continued with a ZOE fundraiser in White Oak, North Carolina that included dancing under the stars to the sounds of Tres Altman, hosted by Howard and Delana Faircloth. This fundraiser event in particular allowed us to showcase our event planning services as we handled complete planning and coordination. Accomac Event planners can go anywhere in the country to plan, design and manage your event!
We’re catching our breath for a few days before we roll back into The Strand Capitol for a sold out K.D. Lang pre-show dinner on Friday night! The menu includes:
• Constant Craving cream of pumpkin soup with cinnamon croutons and amaretto finish
• Miss Chatelaine salad, baby field greens cherry tomatoes, grated parmesan cheese and walnut vinaigrette
• What a Wonderful World entree – filet of beef tenderloin cooked medium-rare and mushroom bordelaise sauce
• Roast B red potato quarters sprinkled with parmesan cheese
• Baked broccoli gratin with lemon butter, pepper and seasoned bread crumbs
• House-made assorted rolls and butter
• Moon Glow apple crisp with caramel sauce
Speaking of the catering side of things, Fall Stations call for the return of comfort food! Polenta Bars are a crowd-favorite. Toppings of braised short ribs, local, sautéed mushrooms and shredded local cheese are the most popular options to explore.
Beets are still in season with a fall crop in line for most farmers. Take advantage of them in your salads with a “burnt” orange vinaigrette for something new.
We are looking forward to all of our fall events!