The idea of an outdoor wedding is very appealing and romantic on the surface, however, you must consider some extra details to be sure everything works out perfectly on your special day!
Here are some tips to help you with planning your outdoor dream wedding:
- Have a Plan “B” for everything! Of course, no one expects the worst scenario to happen, but having a plan B for everything makes life so much easier if you’re faced with weather and traffic issues. For those of you who are interested, you may want to consider event insurance.
If you’re considering a tent and can’t afford proper flooring, keep these hints in mind:
- Remember, linens and long dresses wick when the ground is wet.
- Don’t use chivari chairs on grass, they poke right through the ground (just like all of your girlfriend’s heels.)
- Watch the forecast. If they’re calling for rain, consider having tubs of cheap, colorful flip flops for your guests to “trade in” for their nice shoes. They will thank you at the end of the night. Those who elect not to wear them either have more money than brains, or have no sense of humor!
- Don’t just look at the immediate space where the tent is located, look at the surrounding landscape. If there is a bad storm, does the run off drive through the middle of your event space? Does your pad site sit above the rest of the property grade or below it?
- Really pay close attention to the grassy area where tables are being placed. Request shims from your caterer to ensure proper leveling of all guest and service tables.
Do you have other outdoor wedding tips? Please feel free to share!